It’s been a wild ride with spunky sweetheart Kelsea Ballerini on our Feb/March cover, and we’ve loved every minute of it! From much anticipated song debuts to major nominations and awards, Kelsea is unstoppable these days, and we can still hardly believe we had the privilege to be her first cover of many to come. Let’s just say we knew T. Swift’s huge success after doing her first cover with us was a good omen! We may be moving on to other fabulous cover girls, but we’re nowhere near finished fan-girling over this country cutie. Check out Kelsea’s top five shining moments during her time as Justine cover girl…
5. She traveled to Australia where she co-hosted the CMC Music Awards & performed her record-breaking hit, “Love Me Like You Mean It!”
4. She hit #1 yet again with her single “Dibs!”
3. She was (surprise) nominated for “The Freshest—Best New Artist” & “Favorite Country Artist” at the Radio Disney Music Awards!
*Note: You can still vote here!
2. She won an award for ACM “New Female Artist of the Year” & she’s nominated for “Female Vocalist of the Year!”
yesterday, I got a phone call from my friend Bob Romeo who let me know that I won my first ACM award for New Female artist. I don’t even know what to say, so for now I will just say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. For making not only my dreams come true, but for making all of the people around me who work so hard have so many beautiful moments to celebrate. Here is my reaction to the call. Keeping it calm, as always.
A photo posted by Kelsea Ballerini (@kelseaballerini) on
1. Her single “Peter Pan” hit the radio & the video is EVERYTHING!