Justine Special Correspondent Jordan was on the red carpet this weekend! Check out her Top 10 faves from the star-studded night, from red carpet to VIP press room!
10. FASHION FAVE—Cher Lloyd’s red carpet dress. Classic, tasteful and trendy with geometric patterns, delicate lace and Pantone Color of the Year Radiant Orchid!
9. CLASS ACTS—Touring musicians took time to perform and accept their awards! Congrats and great job JT, Katy Perry and Miley! (BTW Justin won seven awards)
8. COUNTRY TAKEOVER—In the words of Florida Georgia Line, “Country is killing it right now!” And that was sure demonstrated with Carrie + Miranda and FGL + Luke Bryan’s performances and multiple awards throughout the night. (Oh, and I’m calling Carrie Underwood’s trainer ASAP—those legs!)
7. IGGY AZALEA—Obsessed with “Fancy” and “Problem.” I was flipping out backstage watching the feed of her performances with Charli XCX and Ariana Grande. If you haven’t seen the “Fancy” music video or the movie it’s based on (Clueless) do yourself a favor and go watch that amazingness (movie first)!
6. RED CARPET ROOKIE—As a first timer, I loved getting to ask your celeb questions (Austin Mahone <3) and interacting on Instagram & Twitter! 5. VINE BOYS—Cameron Dallas, Nash Grier, Matt Espinosa, and Carter Reynolds—super adorable and funny (Nash had the magazine in his mouth for our selfie!) Cameron Dallas, still waiting for our Serendipity date! (I gave them the Vegas local lowdown for post-show.)
4. 5 SECONDS OF AWESOME—I’m a loyal follower of 5 Seconds of Summer (5SOS), so seeing them perform on such a big stage for the first time was AH-MA-ZING. And don’t forget, they’re opening up for 1D this fall!
3. J LO FOR THE WIN— From her musical endeavors to acting to being a mom, it’s only fitting that J Lo was the first woman to win the Icon Award!
2. LUKE. BRYAN.—Okay, I confess—I’ve loved Luke Bryan since his first album (even had his demo CD copy). Seeing his career come full circle as he won Top Country Artist/Country Album last night was so amazing. I asked Luke about his “Sorority Girl” (P.S. download that song NOW) aka his beautiful college sweetheart Caroline, and Luke gushed non-stop about his wife and kids! Cuteness overload.
1. WINNER’S WALK— I had the time of my life on the red carpet, but really got the most mileage out of my Press All-Access Badge in the “Winner’s Walk” room. Michael Jackson’s choreographers and brother Jackie, the experts (Brad Paisley, Kesha & Ludacris) plus award winners Imagine Dragons, Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan and Carrie Underwood were all within ten feet of me. (!!!!) Asking questions and interacting with these amazing artists in the press room gave me a glimpse of what could be for me, and I’m so grateful to have represented Justine!