Prom season is about to be in full swing, and of course we’re excited, but first things first: Don’t get stuck at prom in the same dress as someone else (#nightmare), and don’t stress yourself out searching high and low for the perfect one, either! Take care of both of these potential catastrophes with a little DIY action. Seriously… dream it, design it, do it yourself with Duck Tape’s 16th Annual Stuck at Prom Contest. Oh, and did we mention you could win up to $10,000 in scholarship money while you’re at it? Here’s the breakdown:
- The objective: Design a prom look for yourself or for you and your date (there are categories for both!) using the endless varieties of Duck Tape found here.
- Entry period begins April 4, 2016, and ends May 31, 2016.
- 10 finalist couples will be chosen based on workmanship, originality, use of colors, accessories and use of Duck Tape in the outfits.
- First, second and third place winners will be chosen during a public online voting period from June 15 to July 6.
- Winners will be announced on or around July 13!
- The overall winning couple receives a $10,000 scholarship for each of the students, the second place couple scores $5,000 each and third place gets $3,000 each. Even the remaining students in the top 10 will receive a $1,000 prize!