Shorts and tank top weather is upon us, and we all want our skin to look its best! If you want a sun-kissed glow, try these tips!
1. Be sure to shave first as shaving afterwards can remove the self-tanner.
2. Exfoliate. Self-tanner will absorb too quickly on dry skin, leaving dark patches, so exfoliate well, focusing on rough spots like elbows, knees and ankles. And avoid anything oil-based as it can leave a residue and cause streaking.
3. After showering, be sure to dry skin completely before applying self-tanner.
4. Apply a light moisturizer to your elbows, knees, ankles and toes – those dry areas tend to absorb the self-tanner more than other parts.
5. Apply your self-tanner in sections (arms, legs, torso, etc.) starting at your ankles and working your way up to your shoulders. This will prevent any wierd marks when you bend over. Apply on your arms and hands for last.
6. If you do end up with any unsightly streaks, rub half a lemon on the area for a few minutes and buff with a damp towel.
Avoid showering or sweating for 6-8 hours and enjoy beautiful bronze skin that will last for days!