Try out this side twist into a low ponytail. This is an ultra-chic way to kick your average ponyup a notch for a holiday party!
We’ve connected with Nicholas Penna, Jr., owner and lead stylist of SalonCapri in Boston, who assisted the Kérastase team in styling models’ hair for New York Fashion Week. Here are his step-by-step instructions for transforming your own locks!
1. Apply a smoothing serum like Kérastase Elixir Ultime nourishing oil to damp hair and blow-dry straight.
2. Make a deep side part all the way to the back of your head. Lightly backcomb your crown, and spritz with a bit of medium-hold hairspray like L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium2 Regular Hold Working Spray. Clip the smaller side of the part up out of the way.
3. Take a two-inch section of hair on the larger side of your side part, and curl it away from your face using a 1 1⁄2-inch barrel curling iron. Let the curl cool, then gently comb it out to soften it.
4. Using the curl as a guide, gently twist the hair away from your head, picking up pieces along your natural hairline until you’ve twisted all the way to the back of your head.
5. Let the clipped hair down and combine it with the twisted hair into a side ponytail. Secure with an elastic.
6. Give your hair a final all-over spritz with a shine spray like Kérastase Chroma Cristal