It’s the day before New Year’s Eve, and your social calendar is totally empty. So what’s the best way to orchestrate a last-minute celebration with your besties that’s sure to impress? We have you covered for a no fuss NYE party, complete with appetizers and drinks to celebrate 2017 in style. Get party-ready with quick, simple recipes for Caprese Skewers and Cranberry Sparkler Mocktails courtesy of blogger Erin Parker of The Speckled Palate. These easy, last-minute ideas will start the party off right and leave you stress free, just in time to ring in the new year!
Makes ~54 skewers
- 1 lb. red grape tomatoes
- 18 mini mozzarella balls
- 1 large bunch fresh basil
- 1 loaf crusty Ciabatta bread
- Cut the Ciabatta bread into bite-sized pieces. Use only pieces that have crust to anchor skewers.
- Wash and dry the grape tomatoes.
- Unwrap the mozzarella balls. Cut each ball in three pieces.
- Wash and separate the basil leaves. Pat dry.
- Prepare the skewers: Using a long, decorative toothpick, skewer the basil, mozzarella, tomato and bread, in that order.
- Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate until time to serve.
Cranberry Sparkler Mocktail
- 1¾ cups fresh cranberries (plus more for garnish)
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- ¾ cup white grape juice
- Club soda, lemon-lime soda or ginger ale
- Measure in the cranberries and maple syrup into the blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour in the white grape juice and blend until well combined.
- Measure six tablespoons of the cranberry base into the glass of your choosing, then top with club soda, lemon-lime soda or ginger ale.
- Enjoy chilled!