Need a last minute 4th of July snack for your party this weekend? You’re in luck! We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite patriotic recipes…
via Two Sisters Crafting
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 3 Tbsp butter (Sweet Cream or Salted)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Red and blue regular M&Ms
- Red and blue Pretzel M&Ms
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Once butter is melted, add mini marshmallows and stir until they are melted. Turn off heat as soon as the last marshmallow has melted.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over the salted popcorn. Gently fold the marshmallow mixture in the popcorn until the popcorn is mostly covered. (Careful! Too much marshmallow mixture leads to extra sticky popcorn.)
- Pour the popcorn onto a cookie sheet covered with foil.
- Add red and blue M&Ms along with a handful of mini marshmallows
- Last but not least, top your Patriotic Popcorn with some red, white and blue sprinkles and enjoy!
Patriotic No-Bake Cake Batter Truffles
via Who Needs a Cape?
For the Truffles:
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3-4 Tbsp milk
- 1-2 tsp red food coloring
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles
For the Coating:
- 16 oz (8 squares) almond bark or vanilla flavored coating
- Red, white and blue sprinkles (for topping)
- Combine butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Add cake mix, flour, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add milk and food coloring to make a dough consistency. Mix in sprinkles.
- Roll dough into one-inch balls and place on parchment or wax paper on a cookie sheet. Chill them in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
- While dough balls are chilling, melt almond bark in the microwave for 30 secs. Stir between intervals.
- Dip truffles into melted almond bark. Place truffle bark on cookie sheet and top with sprinkles.
- Chill truffles in the fridge until ready to serve.
via Handmade in the Heartland
- 1 can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 2 packages of hotdogs
- 16 thick slices of Colby cheese
- 16 skewers
- Take your skewers and stick them all the way through the hot dogs.
- Next, take a piece of breadstick dough and carefully wrap it around the hot dog until it wraps from top to bottom.
- Place the wrapped dogs on nonstick baking liner and bake according to the package directions for the breadstick dough.
- While the hot dogs are cooking, take out the cheese slices, perferably 1/4″ = 3/8″ thick.
- Use a small cookie cutter to cut out your stars.
- After your hot dogs have cooled for 2-3 m minutes, stick the star through the skewer at the top. Enjoy!