When it comes to the big game, we may not all be on the same page about who should go home with the win, but there is one thing we can all get on board with, and that’s the delicious gameday food! If anyone knows a thing or two about what makes a perfect spread, it’s NFL Brand Ambassador and former Justine cover girl Madison Pettis. See what her top picks are and check out some of our favorite Pinterest-inspired recipes below.
Lemon Pepper Wings
- 12 chicken wings separated at the joints to make 24 pieces.
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil or melted butter
- 4 Tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- Bleu cheese or ranch dressing
- Preheat over to 400˚
- Rinse wings thoroughly in cold water and lay on paper towel to dry
- Dip each wing into olive oil or butter
- Coat with lemon pepper seasoning (seriously… coat them!)
- Bake on foil-lined baking sheet for about 30 minutes or until wings are golden brown and skin is crisp (to an internal temp of about 165˚ if you have a meat thermometer)
- Serve with delicious bleu cheese or ranch dressing & enjoy!
*Tip: Season to your liking! Garlic powder, pepper, lemon zest and onion powder are all excellent additions.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Tube of white frosting (or you can go the old ziptop bag route!)
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- Add butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla & cocoa together in large mixing bowl
- Use mixer to blend on medium speed until smooth
- Gradually add in dry ingredients and mix until smooth
- Roll out cookie dough
- Cut football shapes using cookie cutters, or use kitchen scissors to create your own football shape
- Bake for 10-14 min
- After cooled, use frosting to create football lines. Allow the frosting to set and voila!