Mix up your fitness routine with a different workout every day! Start with 20-30 minutes of cardio, like jogging, power walking, doing jumping jacks, jumping rope, using an elliptical machine, riding a regular or stationary bike. Then add a targeted workout to get head-to-toe fit! Kick off the school week with a serious ab workout…
Planks 4 planks, 30 seconds each
Crunches 3 sets of 20
Scissor Kicks 2 sets of 20
Rotating Deadlift 30 on each side
- Start by getting into a push-up position.
- Rest your weight on your forearms (beginner) or your hands.
- Your body should form a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
- Engage your abs by pulling your stomach in toward your spine.
Hold position for 30 seconds.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and arms crossed over your chest.
- Engage your abs, then lift your upper body off the ground toward your knees while exhaling.
- Pause, then return to starting position while inhaling.
- Lie on your back, hands at your sides, palms down.
- Engage your abs, then lift both legs about six inches off the ground with knees slightly bent.
- Raise your left leg to about a 45˚ angle, while lowering your right leg a few inches.
- Alternate legs up and down, creating a “scissor” motion.
- Stand on your left leg with the right leg behind you with a little weight on your right toes to help you balance.
- Bend both knees slightly, hands behind your head, opening your elbows wide to the side.
- Engage your abs and keep your back straight as you bend forward from the hips until your torso is almost parallel to floor.
- Keeping your back flat, return to standing while twisting your ribs and shoulders to the left.